Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, May 14, 2010

The Great Church

Location: Deventer, Netherlands (2005)

Also known as Lebuïnus Church.
Lubuïnus is patron saint of the city and is even honoured with two churches: the Great Church, also called Lebuïnus church and the Broederenkerk (Brethren Church), parish church of St. Lebuïnus. (Source: Deventer) 


"Shades of grey wherever I go
The more I find out the less that I know
Black and white is how it should be
But shades of grey are the colors I see.”
~Billy Joel

Pick your next monochrome destination at

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful shot and photographed so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that`s a great church! Really wonderful shot!
    Wish you a nice evening Hannah:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely church and great in mono.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Carver: Thank you. :) Your b&w post is captivating!

    @Ever energetic Spiderdama: It really is, more so because of it's LONG history. I love it. I hope to see those b&w twin flower of yours bloom next week. :)

    @lina: Thanks, Lina. Your post inspires reflection.

    @Daniela: Thank you. You make an elegant flower look even more elegant with your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful composition and so perfect for black and white. The light and contrasts are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Composition this one. Love how the way the Chandelier is so prominent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Laura: Thank you, Laura! I look forward to your future posts!

    @Dragonstar: They are. It's always great when the subject does the "work". :D Thanks so much for hosting Monochrome Weekly!

    @Carolyn: Thank you, Carolyn. I love Julie's photo: Knot.

    @Nishant: Thank you, Nishant. I love your Might Head post, too!

    ReplyDelete